Friday, January 18, 2013

When did you catch the Horror Bug?

I remember my Mom taking me to a neighbor's for movie nights. I was supposed to be asleep on the floor/couch but I totally was faking it.
The first Horror movies I watched?

Happy Birthday to Me

and My Bloody Valentine (1981)



Did they give me nightmares? Maybe, I don't remember. But they gave me a love of all things horror. It doesn't matter, cheesy or gorey, thriller or supernatural, I love it.

Ok, I lied. This movie gave me nightmares.  I recall a vivid nightmare of me wearing my Pink Barbie Cowgirl Costume and walking into a Saloon. There was a coffin in it, and I opened it to reveal one of the vampires from Salem's Lot. I was then chased by many more of the vampires.  Lame yes, but I couldn't have been more than 6 years old.


I remember going with my best friend to see the 20th Anniversary of the Exorcist. We must have been the only 2 people in the theater who had never seen it. My friend pulled her knees to her chest and rocked herself the entire movie, she was so scared. Me? I laughed my ass off. It was hysterical. I about pee'd myself when Regan came down the stairs all twisted upside down. She told me the reason it didn't scare me, was that I didn't believe in God or the Devil. Maybe that's true, but seriously that movie was funny.


Want to know what movie really freaks me out? This movie!
The Audition. Seriously. It's a messed up must watch.

My current favorite is probably Trick R Treat. DH discovered it on Netflix and since I really despise Anna Paquin I skipped it. I came home at lunch one day and he was watching it. I caught my first glimpse of Sam and it was love. His rules are simple: Wear a costume, hand out treats, never blow out the Jack O'lantern, ad always check your candy. If you don't... well you got to watch the movie. And Charlie Brown is an asshole!




No comments:

Post a Comment